Before you ever decide to start playing any kind of poker, you must get to know the hand rankings in the game. There is no way for you to make the right decisions unless you know what your hand is and how it is compared to the others.
In a game of 3 card poker, the player compares his three-card hand to the dealer's one and this way it is determined who the winner is. For example, a Straight hand is better than a Flush hand and therefore the player with the Straight is the winner. You can see the 3 card poker hand rankings on the picture on the right.
Below, you may see a list of the hands from best to worst - the better the position the stronger the hand:
1. Straight Flush - Straight of one suit.
10 - 9 - 8
2. Three-of-a-Kind - Three cards of one kind (same rank).
Queen - Queen - Queen
3. Straight - Three cards of sequential rank.
8 - 7 - 6
4. Flush - Three cards of the same suit.
King - 9 - 7 (same suit)
5. Pair - Two cards of the same kind.
King - King - 9
6. High Card - If nobody has any of the above then whoever has the highest card wins.
Ace - Queen - 8
Tags: hand rankings