There are many different roulette types of bets on the roulette table. They depend on the preferences of the players – some players bet on their favorite or lucky numbers while others use betting systems. It is all up to you.
You can find some basic roulette types of bets below:
- Straight Up – when a player places the chip in the center of the desired number. If this number comes out, the player wins 35 times his bet. Odds of winning – 1:35.
- Split – the split type of bet is a bet on two bordering numbers, (for example 34-35 or 33-36). Odds of winning – 1:17.
- Street – a bet on 3 numbers on a horizontal line (for example 34-35-36). In order to do this, you need to place the chip on the edge of the number in the beginning of the desired line. Odds winning – 1:11.
- Corner – a bet on 4 numbers in the form of a square (for example 26-27-29-30). The player needs to place the chip in the middle of the square. Odds of winning – 1:8.
- Six Lines – a bet on two bordering lines. In order to place such a bet, the player needs to place the chip at the corresponding intersection, as if in between where two street bets would be placed. Odds of winning – 1:5.
The roulette players may also bet on sectors which are determined by the type of the number that will come out:
- Black or Red
- Odd or Even
- Small (1-18) or big (19-36)
The odds of winning for these types of bets is 1:1.
The roulette wheel is divided in to four adjoining sectors and the roulette players may bet on each of these sectors. These sectors are called call bets while the combinations of numbers are called – Voisin Du Zero, Tiers Du Cylindre and Orphelins:
- Voisin Du Zero – include 9 chips. Bet on 0/2/3 + 25/26/28/29 (Corner)- 2 chips each, 4/7 (Split) + 12/15 (Split) + 18/21 (Split) + 19/22 (Split) + 32/35 (Split) – 1 chip each.
- Tiers Du Cylindre – the roulette player bets 6 chips on 12 numbers. Bet on the splits: 5/8 + 10/11 + 13/16 + 23/24 + 27/30 +33/36 – 1 chip each.
- Orphelins – bet 5 chips on 4 spilts and 1 straight-up. Bet 1 chip on each of the following splits: 6/9 + 14/17 + 17/20 + 31/34 and 1 chip on Straight-up (on 1).
Call bets are not placed on the roulette table but the player announces his bet and the dealer repeats the bet (for example “Voisin by 10”) as this way the dealer confirms he has received the bet.
Players may also bet on 3 dozens (1-12, 13-24, 25-36) and three horizontal columns (1-4-7-10-13-16-19-22-25-28-31-34; 2-5-8-11-14-17-20-23-26-29-32-35; 3-6-9-12-15-18-21-24-27-30-33-36). Odds of winning – 1:3.
Read more useful information and all our roulette strategies by visiting our roulette section.