Top 10 video poker tips
Video poker is a casino game that requires good decision-making skills and as such, it requires you to have a good strategy and to follow some guidelines if you want to play successfully and win as much as possible. Apart from our strategies, we have gathered 10 useful tips for you to follow. You can see them below:
- It is recommended that you play video poker in online casinos because they have better payout ratios compared to the land-based casinos due to the low running costs.
- If you are new to video poker, you should start playing jacks or better because it is easier to play and understand.
- It is not recommended to play progressive video poker machines unless you plan to place maximum bets. Progressive machines are giving out the jackpot only if you place the maximum bet possible. Unless you plan to place maximum bets, you should just play non-progressive video poker machines.
- Do not play progressive video poker machines unless their jackpot is high and you decide that it is worth it to place maximum bets.
- There are many players who play very fast and on multiple machines, but this way they expose themselves to the casino edge much more than if they play on just one machine. It is recommended that you play on one machine and take your time to think and decide how to play on.
- If you happen to notice that a video poker machine hasn’t been paying out for a long time, you should move to another machine or change the game.
- It is recommended to gain experience and skills by playing in fun mode in online casinos. All of them offer the opportunity to play in fun mode with virtual money balance which means that you won’t risk any of your funds while practicing the game and our strategies.
- Never play on high denomination video poker machines if your bankroll is not big enough or if you are a novice.
- Double-up is recommended to be used rationally. In most of the cases it is recommended small winnings to be doubled-up while big winnings to be collected. However, if you are looking for big winnings and high volatility, you may also double-up bigger winnings. If you are planning to play in a long term and you are not looking for big winnings, then you should double-up rarely and on small amounts only.
- Video poker players should hold the cards that give them the highest expectation of winning because this will give them better chances to win in a long run.
Video poker myths
There are a lot of myths about games of chance as a whole and video poker machines are not an exclusion. Myths are good to know because there are certain things players have nothing to be afraid about. We have gathered some of the most common myths about video poker below:
- If a nearby video poker machine pays out a royal flush, then your video poker machine will not pay out.
If someone at a neighboring machine hits a royal flush, it will not affect your game in any way, although, you may feel that your chances to win have changed drastically.
- If you play quickly, the machine will pay out.
Playing video poker quickly will not increase your chances to win at all, but will increase the speed at which the casino advantage takes effect. Apart from that, playing quickly will increase the chances for you to make a mistake.
- If you place maximum bets, you will get worse hands.
The cards that will be dealt by the video poker machine do not depend on the bet that you have placed in any way.
- Online video poker pays out less than the machines in the land-based casinos.
It is quite the opposite because an online casino has less running costs and may afford to pay out more money.
- Video poker machines pay less on weekends and holidays.
Some people think that since casinos have most of their business on weekends and holidays, they change the odds during that time to increase their earnings, which is not true. The odds of the video poker machines may vary slightly and it would cost a lot of time for the casino to change the odds of the video poker machines on weekends and holidays.
- Casinos control the payouts of the video poker machines in real time.
Some people think that there is a button or a switch somewhere in the casino which makes the machines stop paying out or makes it possible to pay out in certain moments. This is not true since the only thing that may be set up on a video poker machine is the odds and each and every machine may be adjusted only by going inside its terminal.
If you’d like to test any of our strategies and play in an online casino, you can CLICK HERE, sign up, deposit, get a bonus and try your luck.
The information on this website does not promise or guarantee winnings in any way. Gambling with real money poses a risk and everyone must do it wisely, under his own responsibility and will.